Rough Guide Staycations Lake District (Travel Guide eBook)
Rough Guides Staycations Lake District
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
Inspirational and informative new pocket guide, making the most of holidaying at home in the UK through clearly laid-out walks and tours.
Explore the best of the Lake District with this unique travel guide, packed full of insider information and stunning images. From making sure you don't miss out on must-see, top attractions like Derwent Water, Lake Windermere and Tarn Hows, to discovering cultural gems, including visiting Wordsworth's home at Dove Cottage, wondering at Castlerigg's ancient stone circle, and taking a ride on an historic steamer on Ullswater, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking and driving routes will save you time, and help you plan and enhance your staycation in Lake District.
Features of this travel guide to Lake District:
- Eight walks and tours: detailed itineraries feature all the best places to visit, including where to eat along the way
- Local highlights: discover the area's top sights and unique attractions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Historical and cultural insights: learn more about the Lake District's rich history with fascinating cultural insights throughout
- Insider recommendations: where to stay and what to do, from active pursuits to themed trips
- Rainy day recommendations: uncover plenty of options, whatever the weather throws at you
- Practical full-colour maps: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Key tips and essential information: from transport to hours of operation, we've got you covered
- New for 2021: the latest guidance to all the places you should discover in the Lake District
- Covers: Kendal to Windermere, Ullswater and Kirkstone Pass, Coniston and Hawkshead, Keswick to Grasmere, Borrowdale and Buttermere, Around Skiddaw, The Western Lakes, and The Southwest
Looking for a comprehensive guide to England? Check out Rough Guides England for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.